“There is not a flower that opens, not a seed that falls into the ground, and not an ear of wheat that nods on the end of its stalk in the wind that does not preach and proclaim the greatness and the mercy of God to the whole world.” – Thomas Merton

“My personal life may be crowded with small petty incidents, altogether unnoticeable and mean; but if I obey Jesus Christ in the haphazard circumstances, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God, and when I stand face to face with God I will discover that through my obedience thousands were blessed. ” – Oswald Chambers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Behold! 2-21-2012


Behold!: some noteworthy pieces over the last couple of days:

Technology, society, spirituality


Random

  • Nuns run. I'm tempted sign up as a shadow runner, but won't.
  • Andrew Peterson shares more about songwriting, and even offers up a new song.

Fatherhood

  • Tim Keller's wife writes about why the city is a wonderful place to raise children, also at TGC. My mother and I were raised in the suburbs, my wife and father in the countryside. I've occasionally worried about living in the a huge metropolitan area with a kid, but Mrs. Keller puts a good turn to things. Not that all of the cool stuff on the list at the end actually applies to Asunción, but there are some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment